If you’ve been a fan of ThePSBrahs.com over the years then you already know that we are firm BelieVeRs in PlayStation VR.
We have over 1600 pieces of content related to the PS VR headset, with 90% of said material from the legend himself, Mr. PSVR!
Having someone like Mr. PSVR, whose passion for the medium is truly infinite, is a blessing. He has composed over 300 PSVR reviews since joining the site in 2017. I dare you to find another PlayStation centric website that comes close.
Me, though? I’ve done one. Rez Infinite from back in 2016. I was always a fan of the game from the Dreamcast/PS2 days, so I was naturally excited to experience it on the PS4 and most definitely in VR. Little did I know how it would blow me away. If you own Sony’s original VR headset, you need to play Rez Infinite on it.
Sony announced the PS VR2 launch window lineup earlier today, and to my delight, Rez Infinite was on there!
Unfortunately, the upgrade to the PS VR2 edition isn’t free. If you currently own the game, it’ll run you $9.99, which is the price of a dozen eggs these days, so what’s the difference? You’ll have WAAAY more fun with Rez than eggs, Brah.
Here’s all the groovy details courtesy of publisher Enhance:
- The Ultimate Package – Fully remastered classic Rez levels Areas 1 through 5, and the widely acclaimed free-flying experience Area X made with VR in mind.
- Enhanced Soundscapes and Visuals – Maxed-out to razor-sharp 4K resolution, silky-smooth 60 frames per second motion, and full 5.1 / 7.1 surround sound support on PlayStation 5 for what’s widely acknowledged as one of the greatest gaming soundtracks ever made. Next-gen resolution of 2000×2040 per eye, running in smooth 120fps with full 3D audio for Area X’s incredible music and sound effects on PlayStation VR2.
PlayStation 5 and PlayStation VR2 Exclusive Features
- Eye Tracking – For the first time, PlayStation VR2’s eye tracking technology allows you to track and aim at enemies using just your eyes.
- Enhanced Haptic Feedback – The dynamic haptics of both the DualSense controller and the PlayStation VR2 Sense controllers make Rez Infinite an even more tactile experience than ever before. From locking onto enemies in Rez to accelerating through Area X, haptic vibrations truly bring the action to life.
- PlayStation VR2 Headset Feedback – In addition to the vibrations of the DualSense controllers, players will also feel subtle haptics in their PlayStation VR2 headset for a deeper, more physical sensory experience.
- HDR Rez – HDR comes to Rez Infinite for the first time on PS5.
- Transfer Save Data from PlayStation 4 Version to PlayStation 5 – Owners can download and transfer PlayStation 4 saved data to the PlayStation 5 using cloud or extended storage or connect to the same network and transfer data directly from PlayStation 4 to PlayStation 5.
Get ready to go to Infinite (and beyond!) when Rez Infinite hits the PS VR2 and PS5 on February 22.
Can’t get enough BRAH?! Then you’re in luck! Follow us on Twitter! Like us on Facebook! Enjoy our content on YouTube! Listen to our official BRAHcast! Get a taste of our Instagram! Be a cool kid with us on TikTok! We’re all PlayStation, All the time!